• Welcome to our site
  • Forums are listed below.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

What are you reading ?
Thank goodness for that.....

Having temporarily fallen off the "mustn't buy any more books until I've read the ones I've got" wagon  Rolleyes I'm on this one that I got from a book swap:

[Image: 18307628394_c5f1733559.jpg]

One of James Patterson's co-authors and every bit as good as his offerngs.

I have just finished reading 'The Skeleton Cupboard' by Tanya Byron. IT documents a person's journey as a trainee clinical psychologist and the patient's that they work with. Really interesting, though ultimately I found it quite sad, as life and mental health could be so cruel! But don't let that put you off- still a great read!

This could be the right bookshop for you (or not).

[Image: WongBookStore.jpg]

(21-12-2015, 08:19 PM)judgefoozle Wrote: This could be the right bookshop for you (or not).

[Image: WongBookStore.jpg]

I see you like funny chinese signs and the like. Here's a website that features a lot of that stuff regularly. With your permission of course Judge.

http://www.engrish.com/

I have just finished reading 'The Happiness Trap' by Russ Harris. A brilliant book for anyone interested in psychotherapy or self-improvement on any level. It provides an practical approach to a therapy known as 'Acceptance and Commitment Therapy', or ACT. Very good and interesting.
Since this, I have just started reading 'The Sense of Style' by Steven Pinker, who is my favourite non-fiction writer. He wrote the Better Angels of Our Nature, which is certainly the best non-fiction book I have ever read and would easily make my top 5 best books generally. The Sense of Style is a style guide for writing well. It's accessible and interesting. However, my writing style possibly has yet to improve, despite having read the first three chapters...

Congratulations on making our 1,000th post ! Hoorah!

I will be receiving what is hopefully The Complete Father Brown stories soon in the mail so I'll be on that. I also got two books recently, one on Johnny Carson and one written by the drummer of the Grateful Dead.

A very eclectic combination of subject matter, if I may say so. Personally, I regard Chesterton (Father Brown author) as the most under-rated writer in the English language.
http://www.chesterton.org/who-is-this-guy/

Good reading!