• Welcome to our site
  • Forums are listed below.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Internet Radio on your favorite media player
I attached an m3u file on here named Beatles.m3u..  or you can just copy the below txt and paste it as common text in something like NOTEPAD. Make sure to name the file that ends with the extension .m3u -- example: Beatles.m3u.. Take note after you save it since it might be named "Beatles.m3u.txt" - rename it if necessary.
After you create the file, you can drag and drop it in your favorite media player such as Winamp, Windows Media Player, VLC Media Player etc.. -- Below is a Beatles Radio Station:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,Beatles Radio
http://64.40.99.2:8000/

As lon as it's not some kind of bad link or virus thing the it should be fine! Gear!

(08-10-2016, 12:49 AM)beatlenik Wrote: As lon as it's not some kind of bad link or virus thing the it should be fine! Gear!

The link works and it's not an executable..

I actually did attach the file but don't see it. Anyone that wants to feel safe should just copy the text per the instructions.

(08-10-2016, 01:19 AM)George Martin Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 12:49 AM)beatlenik Wrote: As lon as it's not some kind of bad link or virus thing the it should be fine! Gear!

I actually did attach the file but don't see it. Anyone that wants to feel safe should just copy the text per the instructions.

No worries! Just glad to see more people posting around here!

[quote pid='1569' dateline='1475886078']

[quote pid='1568' dateline='1475885949']

[/quote]

[/quote]

There are lots of stations that can be played like this. The big advantage is that you don't need to stay on a page... your player plays the station and you can browse any pages you want while listening... Did you try to get it working?

(08-10-2016, 02:31 AM)George Martin Wrote: [quote pid='1569' dateline='1475886078']

[quote pid='1568' dateline='1475885949']

[/quote]

There are lots of stations that can be played like this. The big advantage is that you don't need to stay on a page... your player plays the station and you can browse any pages you want while listening... Did you try to get it working?
[/quote]

I will later probably. Incidentally you should check out my podcast which is sort of like a radio show called Strictly Jazz where we play some fine jazz tunes. Strictly Jazz: Episode 3: Beatle Jazz

[quote pid='1571' dateline='1475891858']

I will later probably. Incidentally you should check out my podcast which is sort of like a radio show called Strictly Jazz where we play some fine jazz tunes. Strictly Jazz: Episode 3: Beatle Jazz
[/quote]

I'm curious about that Jazz playing... No copyright? And sounds like Jazz of The Beatles mixed with Rich's drumming... I was thinking of my own station on Shoutcast yrs ago and read all this and that about playing copyrighted music.. You needed permission or needed it to less than a certain amount of time.. I'm going to read about podomatic

(08-10-2016, 03:31 AM)George Martin Wrote: [quote pid='1571' dateline='1475891858']

I'm curious about that Jazz playing... No copyright? And sounds like Jazz of The Beatles mixed with Rich's drumming... I was thinking of my own station on Shoutcast yrs ago and read all this and that about playing copyrighted music.. You needed permission or needed it to less than a certain amount of time.. I'm going to read about podomatic
[/quote]

Haven't had problems with podomatic and I have a friend who does his own jazz show on there and shares it through Facebook.

(08-10-2016, 03:50 AM)beatlenik Wrote: Haven't had problems with podomatic and I have a friend who does his own jazz show on there and shares it through Facebook.

Well doing one's own music is ok for sure.. But where did the jazz come from on your podcast?

Well his and mine both come recorded from our own jazz records.