• Welcome to our site
  • Forums are listed below.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Shattered illusions
Not always what it seems....

In his Sunday sermon, the Vicar mentioned his two parrots ("my Boys") in a spacious and well-appointed cage in the vicarage. He said they were the most perfect creatures, pious and holy, and spent all their time either reciting passages from the Bible or deep, deep in prayer, their eyes closed tightly, their little beaks chattering and their little wings pressed together. Surely God's sign of purity and goodness.
After the service, a lady parishioner found him and reminded him that he and she had been instrumental in closing a notorious local brothel, and that in the melee she had rescued the establishment's two parrots, filthy-minded, foul-mouthed and evil females of the species.
"I was wondering if you could bring God's mercy to them, train them and show them how to become perfect and holy, just like your Boys" she asked."
"I can certainly try" the Vicar replied. "Bring them round."
The woman arrived with the two rescued parrots and their cage was put on the same large table as the Boys, who were - in total normality - deep, deep in prayer, their eyes closed tightly, their little beaks chattering and their little wings pressed together.
The new arrivals were bewildered for a time, and were strangely quiet in this unknown and uncertain environment. But after a couple of hours, they reverted to type and began a foul-mouthed tirade of brothel-speak. The Boys remained deep, deep in prayer.
A flow of unrepeatable phrases issued forth, which ended with the relatively mild "come and have a good time ducky", "fill yer boots dear" and "don't be shy..."
One of the Boys opened one eye cautiously and started paying attention. After some thought, he shuffled along the perch, nudged the other Boy and whispered in his ear....."don't look now, but I think our prayers have finally been answered."

Well, that's what it says.....
[Image: free-please-take.jpg]

Very funny